Friday, July 10, 2009

Back in the hospital

I'm back in the hospital. My new cardiologist sees some enlargement in my descending aorta and needs to be able to track it. Also, he's going check me for brain aneurysm potential. So tomorrow, after a night of mucamyst & OJ and saline IV, I go for CT angio.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your health problems. I can relate to what you're going through, even though my problems have been different. I always smoked heavily, and tried everything you can think of to stop - hypnosis, acupuncture, medication, patches, you know what I mean. I guess I was finally up to quit, I had to make up my own mind. The day of my dad's funeral, I stopped smoking. I have not smoked since. Shortly thereafter I began having different health problems. I kept getting the same advice - 'see a cardiologist'. I did, too the stress-test & failed. They had me set up for a cath-lab at the hospital, well, I was hospitalized before they could do this on a scheduled visit. I had 5 stents inserted in January 2006. In September 2006, 1 more had to be put in. I have gone back several times with different problems associated with the Coronary Artery Disease, but they tell me that I am not a candidate for by-pass, as there is nothing to by-pass to. I won't put my family through transplant. I had been a professional helicopter pilot prior to the heart problems, and as you know, once you have this, your medical is out the window. I did flight instruction, commercial work - heavy-lift & long line, as well as tours in the West Indies, EMS there as well. Did some flying in the South Pacific as A&P and Pilot off of a Korean fishing boat - the 'Sajo Gloria', great experience. The company was based out of Guam. Did alligator nest spotting/counting, many different things. I do miss it. I hope that you will be well on the road to recovery by the time you read this. God bless.