Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sorry for my delay...

I have been remiss in my blog duties, and I apologize. I am discovering so many things about my condition. First among them is the fact that the kidney condition from which I suffer (polycystic kidney disease, or PKD) is my big problem. Yeah, I know. That's not this blog. I've come to understand that I'm not going to live as long as I might otherwise have if I have any greater complications from my kidneys.

The reason I had an aortic dissection is because of my history (since 1997) of elevated blood pressure. It has been treated, but sadly without much success and worse, without a great deal of focus or interest on my part. In short, I chose to ignore it. My bad...

GET YOUR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE UNDER CONTROL!

Yes, I shouted. I'm serious. I am now looking at a shortened life because I ignored it. Check it often, know if it rises, and if it stays high, nail it down and keep it down. I know that the medications are a pain in the butt. I am on three of them: Bystolic, felodipine, and if necessary to manage spikes, hydralazine. I know what meds can do. I am "anti" meds, as a rule. But I cannot manage my bp naturally. I hope to be able to, one day. I have problems with conflicts, notably with Coenzyme Q-10 and lots of my other meds. It is off the table for now, until I discover a clear path through the morass of contraindications and drug interactions.

I am so tired these days.

0 Responses: